I eat a lot of fish–salmon, tuna, snapper, tilapia–because it’s nutrient rich, not too expensive and super easy to cook a single portion. Just drizzle the fish with a little oil, throw in some fresh herbs or citrus, wrap it all up in a foil packet then pop it in the oven to steam (15ish minutes at 400 degrees, give or take).
My fave fish flavor combos (okay that was a bit much with the alliteration, even for me):
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon slices; after baking finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, whole chives or chopped scallions
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, orange slices, dash of chili powder; after baking finish with a squeeze of fresh orange juice
- Sesame oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dash of soy sauce, sprinkle of brown sugar; finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped dill, lemon slices
Serve over rice or quinoa with a side of steamed veggies.