Yes I know, you’ve seen to many banana baked goods recipes, and you’re right, this is another variation of plenty of previous recipes. What can I say, bananas make a great base for baking, and frankly, I never have any leftovers 🙂
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Cake
3 overripe bananas, pureed
1/4 cup applesauce
splash of vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 + 1/4 cups gluten free flour
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, blend bananas, eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, salt & pepper. Add baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in 1 cup of flour; the batter should be pretty thick, so if you had large bananas add up to 1/4 cup more flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until edges are browned and top is firm.
The cost: $4.00, give or take