Wow. I just finished an amazing weekend at my first food blogger conference, Eat, Write, Retreat! I learned so much and met so many wonderful people, and it’s going to take me some time to digest it all (pun intended. Wow did we eat a lot!), but here are a few first thoughts.
- Spending a weekend with foodies is inspiring and invigorating.
- Shauna James Ahern (a.k.a. Gluten Free Girl) is even cooler in person, and made the most profound statement of the entire weekend: Blog because you love it, and for no other reason. (More about this in a later post.)
- It feels great to make an obscure food comment and nobody looks at you funny.
- Having a gluten-free blog is not as niche as I would have thought.
- Don’t underestimate the amount of swag you’ll get at a food blogger conference! I had to call AK to come and pick me up with my car 🙂